Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Hailee & Dakota

For the past four years, celebrating New Years has been a second priority to celebrating the birth of my niece and nephew. Hailee & Dakota's birthday is December 31st, and each year the party gets better and better. This year their mom was a brave woman. She rolled out the art paper and we had a

PAINT PARTY!!!!!


Olivia and Hailee, the birthday girl, deciding which color to dip into first. Aren't the shirts too cute. Olivia's says, "I Survived Dakota & Hailee's 4th Birthday Party." Hailee's says "Birthday Girl." Great idea, Steph!!!


Olivia finally dips in and doesn't know what to think of this green glitter goop!! Don't worry, Mommy will show her!!!!


As you can see, I got a little decoration myself. Aunt Steph decided to adorn me with stripes after I put just a tiny bit of paint on her face. It looks like someone gave Dakota a high five on his stomach!


Who ever heard of painting with balloons? Well, Aunt Steph had, and she didn't waste any time showing her new skill to Olivia. Olivia loves balloons, and now she loves paint....This is when I knew that I was in for a long, messy afternoon!!!


How cute are these girls. They are having a blast and we haven't even had cake or opened presents yet.


Since Daddy was the official camera man, I came prepared to get dirty!! Olivia and I had so much fun! This party was a great idea...and not many moms would be ready and willing to have a group of 1-4 year olds finger paint in their garage. You're Super Mom, Steph!!!


Finally, a break. Olivia stops long enough for a juice box!



And some cheese balls!


After all the paint was dry and presents opened, we stripped Olivia of her painter's outfit. Here are her and Pop playing in the streamers!! Man, this has been the funnest birthday party and best New Year's Eve of her life!!!!

Happy Birthday again, Hailee & Dakota.

We Love You!!!!!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! how cool is that party?! what a great idea!! Love all the pictures you took. i tell ya, that Livi is gorgeous! I was just telling andrea today how cute she is! great post and happy b-day to Hailee and Dakota!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh my gosh that is super cool how you typed the words "paint party" in all different colors! Anyway back to the party. We went to a paint party earlier this year...I was glad to see steph had it in her garage too. I can't imagine doing that inside the house! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Hailee and Dakota!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Christie Ingram said...

What a great idea! Hmmmm, Olivia and Carly's 2nd birthday is coming up very soon. I wonder if I would be brave enough....

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea! Looks like lots of fun!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! I would never be that brave.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, you are way to kind w/ your blogs, it was a blast now I just have to out do myself for each birthday to come. I'm thinking of getting a traveling petting zoo for Austin's party? we will have to see though. Thanks for bloggin about us Love ya.Steph

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home