Monday, January 15, 2007

Making Her Blogging Debut....

It's Mel Mel!!!

Most of you have seen pictures or read about Mel Mel in Olivia's blog. Melanie is my first cousin and my oldest friend. We've really grown up together; and Mel has been there for me at every major milestone of my life. She's a loyal fan of Life with Livi and Pea in the Pod, and now she's created her own page!!!

I have to brag on her for a minute (sorry Melanie, you can kill me later.) She is a super person and has a heart of gold. First of all, she's Olivia's second mother. She's one of the only people that Olivia doens't have to "warm up" to. She's always there when we need her, and we always have a lot of fun together!

But there is something even more special about Melanie. She gives of herself like no one else I know. She's been through the "ringer" so to say, and she's never lost her faith in her friends, her family, and most importantly her Father! And now, she's embarking on a new chapter in her life. Melanie is in the final stages of becoming a Foster Parent. It's been a long process, but she's done it with a patient and loving heart. Hopefully her final homestudy will be today! Next step, opening her home to children who need her love, affection, and demonstration of faith.

We can't wait for Melanie to become a foster parent!!! It may mean taking two cars on the weekend, but it'll be another member added to the family!

Melanie's blog is the start of her adventures in parenthood...and watch it Mel....don't show me up by blogging every day! You can't make me look bad on the job! So check her out in my links to the right. Mel's Haven is the name!

Welcome to the world of Blogging Mel Mel!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay- i have major chills from reading this..what a remarkable woman your friend is and i am humbled by her generousity and compassion in her desire to become a foster parent. i will definitly check her blog out! very cute picture of her and Livi!!!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay- i am a moron! i meant to say the picture with her puppy not Livi!! this head cold i have is really getting to my brain!!! sorry about that!! :)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethie, you are too much! I am hysterical crying! You get me through the rough times like no one else, and I don't deserve anything that you said about me, but THANKS! I love you!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Katie!!! I was reading your first post and thought, "Does she really think that dog is my daughter???" Abby (the dog) is cute, but come on!!! J/K. Sorry you have a head cold. Hope you feel better soon!!!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my head cold is getting worse-moving towards a sinus infection i am thinkin'! thanks for your well wishes!! and i can't believe i put Livi!! i about fell out the chair when i saw that. yeah, that dog's got nothin' on that gorgeous Livi, girl!! :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

My best friend is also my first cousin. It's so wonderful that she is opening up her heart and her home to be a foster parent. Nice post about Mel!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home