Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cupid's Bringing More than Love to the Big Apple

Greetings from New York.

Josh, Olivia, and I are in NYC, and we are having the best time! The city is so wonderful...and despite my lack of interest in this family vacation, it's proved to be quite amazing.

We arrived on Sunday and explored our nearby surroundings...which happened to be TIMES SQUARE!!!! Wow! What an experience. We went to Toy R Us, where they had an indoor Ferris Wheel, and we walked around some other hot spots. We also took Olivia to Central Park, where she played on the playground for about 30 minutes before Mommy was freezing and needed to get some blood circulating!!

Monday we slept in (we were all tired and kinda under the weather) and headed out for lunch and our first Subway experience....scary but cool! Daddy was the pro at navigating us to where we wanted to go. We took the subway uptown to MOMA (Museam of Modern Art) where we got to see many infamous works of art, including Starry Night!! Olivia behaved for a while, but she soon became bored and wanted to run around and touch everything. Finally, after hours of wondering around several exhibits thinking "What the heck?" a man came up to us and said...."Put a paintbrush in her hand and she could do just as good!" I was hysterical laughing...Glad I'm not the only one who doens't get "art".

We then did some shopping, which included the worlds largest department store... MACY's. Mommy was in heaven!!!!! Then off to the most amazing thing we've done so far - The Empire State Building! It was amazing, breathtaking, and unforgetable. We got to see the entire city (at night) and Josh got some phenominal shots! It was cold up there, but well worth it!!! Today we took Olivia to the CMOM (Children's Museam of Manhattan) and she LOVED it. We were there almost all day. I'll have more to blog about that when we get back and can post pictures!

Now we're chilling in the hotel, awaiting the city's first winter storm. We're expecting between 3-12" tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait for Olivia to see the snow!!! HOpefully, we'll still be able to get back on Friday! I'd hate to have to be stuck here over the weekend....I may be blogging for extra cash real soon!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the green monster of jealousy right now! I hope that you are having a great time and are keeping Livi and Zach warm. Can't wait to see you when you get home!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Mel Mel

10:51 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Whoa-I checked this on a whim (didn't think you'd be blogging in NYC) can't wait for pics and more details. I've never been there myself-of course I've also never been to disney world so that's not saying much : (

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I hope Olivia enjoyed the musuem and the snow. Lucky ducks!! We could only dream for snow.

Happy Valentine's Day!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrea- you've never been to D world? oh, girl, i am taking you. me and you. we are going. i am going to take you on space mtn. and the flying dumbo! i can't wait.:)
anyways, bethany, how cool your trip sounds! i have always wanted to go to NYC. it is an intimidating city to me-i am such a small town gal!
Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG-Your vacation is sooo awesome....I need to go on vacations with ya'll! I can't wait to see your pictures.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home